Our client, a global recognised financial services firm which is looking for a Regional Desktop Support Analyst. This opening is suitable for candidates who want to work for a famous financial services firm. This firm has been performing very well financially and a rare, senior opportunity to handle important projects.
You will be working as part of the IT function in Asia, based in the Hong Kong Office, you will support IT needs of the business in the region.
Specifically, this will include the following:
- Desktop support of the users in the Hong Kong office
- Remote desktop support of the users in the Singapore office
- Management of IT specific projects within the region
- Management of the over-night global support process (follow-the-sun)
- Development and maintenance of documentation relating to the Asian platform
- Local representation of the global IT Operations team
As part of the IT group you will have the following responsibilities:
- Management and resolution of incidents escalated from the service desk
- Knowledge sharing with other team members
- Adherence to global change and incident management policies
- Adherence to global security policies
Previous experience of working in the banking/ finance industry is highly desirable. 3-5 years experience in a similar role is what we would hope the successful candidate to have.
The technical areas you will be expected to be competent in are as follows:
- Standard Microsoft desktop technology
- Standard Microsoft server platforms
- Understanding of Windows 2012 Active Directory Services
- Working knowledge of SCCM
- Install and configure new IT equipment
- Troubleshoot and upgrade software, hardware, and network incidents for workstations and office equipment, including operating systems and software applications
- Setup network, email and application accounts
- Provide new user orientation to new employees on the use of the computer system and network
- Record, update and document requests using the IT service desk system
- Create, maintain and publish relevant support documentation in order to assist all employees in the quick resolution of their incidents and service requests and enable users to become more self-sufficient
- Escalate unsolvable issues to proper tier support team members
- Follow up with users to ensure the problem has been solved
- Setup and maintain the leased line and internet connection for our clients.
- Experience in supporting trading system is highly preferred