About the Investment Bank
Our client, a reputable investment bank, is urgently looking for a Junior Project Manager (Senior Business Analyst) for the Front Office Team.
There are 3 project teams in total. Each team consists of 1 Team Lead, 1 Project Manager & 1 Business Analyst.
Front-office team: responsible for trading system development, must have securities house background.
Junior Project Manager (Senior Business Analyst) - Front Office Team
- Manage IT projects from requirement definition to implementation ensuring alignment to corporate strategy, business requirements and benefits are met and ensure each of the project get delivered smoothly on time, within budget and of highest quality;
- Work closely with various securities asset class (e.g. equities, derivatives, fixed income, commodities and others) front office business stakeholders to ensure alignment with corporate strategies;
- Create project plans and other required documents such as Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) for project management through internal standard tools and templates, with the commitment and buy in from all team members;
- Produce effective and regular project status reports to keep management and stakeholders apprised of updated project status, major issues, change requests and milestone achievements or misses. Provide regular project progress reports to Steering Committee;
- Link with Asset Class Business Managers and Technical Specialists in order to write documents that can then be signed off and used as the basis to construct technical documents used to support the necessary technology changes;
- Maintain a good relationship between business and IT project team, manage appropriate business expectations and negotiate compromise where appropriate;
- Coordinate effectively with both internal and external parties or vendor to ensure clear commitment on deliverables, dates and keep track of the project financials;
- Develop a good level of understanding of the appropriate business of the company and their associated IT project management requirements;
- Provide input and work with Quality Assurance Team for creating those required business/functional test cases to support the later QA/UAT test strategy.
- Degree holder in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, Business Administration or relevant disciplines;
- Minimum of 5 years' working experience in business analysis at financial institutions;
- Prior experience of working on Retails Front office Trading System with good knowledge on Stock, Futures, Options trading for Equities, or OTC products, Middle office and Back office. Experience of working on Derivatives/OTC Trading or internet stock trading projects or multi-market trading (e.g. US stock trading) would be an advantage;
- Proven track record in delivering large scope development and migration projects and good experience in delivering securities/trading functionalities;
- Understanding of the whole Front to Back Trading Cycle (especially for stock trading) with prior experience of Banking or Financial organization is preferable;
- Experience in the financial industry, specifically in system development, implementation, system integration, business process or system transformation, application support;
- Ability to work effectively to strict timelines and deadlines; PMP or Prince2 certification would be an advantage;
- Commercial acumen and good risk management and mitigation skills;
- Ensuring all relevant documentation is filed in a logical and transparent manner;
- Good understanding of IT systems and functions in general. Exposure to technologies such as Java, C##, C++, SQL /Oracle database, Linux would be an advantage;
- With a proactive, positive and can do attitude;
- Good command of both spoken and written English.