Our client is an organization most renowned for providing a platform to offer digital technology and innovating business solutions. They are now recruiting a Manager of Data Science to join the team. Reporting to the Head of Platform and leading a sizeable team, the ideal candidate for the role would be tasked with designing a business scenario simulation platform and overseeing the API design as well as incorporation of data processing and machine learning solutions into the platform.
The responsibilities this position will cover:
- Identify and incorporate the latest data science solutions (i.e. big data analytic, data processing and machine learning) into the platform
- Define application layer, compute resource and storage, data sharing, security and encryption, etc.
- Ensure the usability, scalability and sustainability on platform solution
- Gather and review user feedback and provide continuous enhancement on its efficiency, functionality and performance of platform
- Manage implementation projects of platform solution by collaborating with internal stakeholders and IT team as well as external technical vendors
- Lead team to provide support in users training and technical advisory
- Create and maintain documentation
The ideal traits that the candidate would possess:
- Degree holder or above in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or relevant disciplines
- Minimum 8 years' working experience with good relevancy on data science coverage
- Technically proficient in one of the following two areas: Machine learning development framework and tools (i.e. Jupyter Notebook, PyTorch or Tensorflow) or API design (Open API or Swagger)
- Knowledge on Agile methodology, Docker or Python is advantageous
- Proven track record on team leading and external vendor management
- Fluent communication, both written and spoken, in English and Chinese
To apply online, please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Kelvin Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org or +852 2833 4138.