Our Client delivers a simple-to-use cloud management platform for enterprises to accelerate they're on ramp to the cloud. Its flagship product unifies complex IT operations of private, public, and hybrid clouds.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to write and run test cases, perform ad hoc testing, design and develop automated testing to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company's product development process.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly. Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing features.
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject