Our client is a global recognised E-Commerce brand and they are actively hiring BI Developers with exposures in various BI reporting tools - Power BI, Tableau.
- Stable and MNC work environment
- Regional office in Hong Kong with years of solid presences
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Create PBI Dashboards, Reports or other data delivery solutions.
- Gather and translate business requirements and build-out insightful reporting solutions using PBI.
- Work closely with the business user to enhance existing tools and data architecture supporting reporting.
- Conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the results and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Develop and update technical documentation for senior members of staff and colleagues to serve as a reference guide.
- Analytical - As a BI Report Developer you'll need to analyze the needs of the business. You should be able to put yourself in the shoes of the end user to provide what they will need to solve the business problem. This may go above and beyond the basic requirements volunteered during discovery sessions.
- Multi-tasking - Success in the role requires the candidate to be able to remain focused while working on multiple phases of the project (design, testing, data remediation, workflow changes, etc.) or playing a role in multiple deliverables.
- Teamwork - Work as part of a tight knit team, so the ability to work professionally and virtually with others is vital to being successful in this job.
- Communication - This role will involve not just understanding current workflows and needs but communicating how new reports and dashboards will improve decision-making. This may involve training users to best take advantage of new features and process improvements.
- Recommend & develop robust solutions in a timely manner based on requirement spec working with IT and business stakeholders.
General Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or related discipline is desired.
- Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Power BI custom development projects
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to write detailed design documents, communicate the vision, and defend the position is an advantage
- Fluency in English is a plus
- Demonstrated aptitude in: Power BI or other popular BI/Reporting solutions; certification a plus.
- Extensive experience as SQL/MSBI/Oracle DB/PowerBI Developer, and with deep Server Reporting Services.
- Hands on experience in different versions of MS SQL Server with Business Intelligence in SQL
- Experience writing Power Query, DAX, MDX for complex data projects
- Experience authoring, diagnosing, and altering SQL Server objects and T-SQL queries
- Experience creating and maintaining reporting assets in Power BI
If you are interested, please click "Apply".