The Pros and Cons of remote work
Whilst many of us continue to work from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are all learning the benefits and the negatives of working remotely. Here is a list of the main benefits and negatives that we have observed over the last 6 months.
- You can build your own schedule that works for you
- Your environment is comfortable (in most cases) and quick to get to
- Your travel time and costs are reduced to zero
- Meetings via video can often be more effective and efficient
- Many individuals find themselves more productive in a home environment without common distractions throughout the day
- It is easier for many employee’s to balance work and home life when working from home
- There is more flexibility to take care of errands and home duties
- Many employee’s miss the social interaction of going into the office
- For some individuals, working from home may have more distractions including family or young children that need consistent attention, which can be hard to balance
- Some employee’s prefer the technology that is available to them in the corporate office and may struggle with limited tools at home
- Some individuals may struggle with having no physical separation between work and home, especially if they do not have a designated home office area
Which working environment do you prefer and why?